Increase in size of PRS tickets
In supersession of Commercial Ciruclar No. 7 of 2015 dated 11.02.2015, the following is advised:-
(i) The paper size of the ticket stationary will be 18±0.2×10±0.2 cm only.
(ii) The total printable area of the PRS ticket will uniformly be 15.6×9.6 cm.
(iii) The system printable area of the ticket shall remain the same as 12.7×7.2 cm. The area beyond 12.7×7.2 cm up to 15.6×9.6 cm on front side of the ticket shall be available for advertisement.
(iv) A bridged general information as enclosed shall be published on the reverse side of the ticket covering maximum of 30 percent of the area and remaining 70 percent shall be used for advertisements.
(v) Zonal Railways will make all efforts to generate revenue by giving advertisements on the earmarked space on the ticket.
(vi) In exceptional cases when revenue by advertisement is not available, Zonal Railways will utilize the advertisement space for giving Railway related information/advertisement.
2. This issues with concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
3. Necessary instructions may be issued to all concerned.
Indian Railways issued orders regarding the above subject on 07.01.2016