SOUTH EASTERN RAILWAY INTRODUCES SMS ALERT SYSTEM IN VENDORS’ BILL PAYMENT
S.E.RAILWAY INTRODUCES SMS ALERT SYSTEM IN VENDORS’ BILL PAYMENT
Kolkata, 29thJan.2016 :
Shri A.K.Goel, General Manager, South Eastern Railway has inaugurated SMS Alert System at Garden Reach Headquarters, Kolkata. This SMS Alert System is the initial step towards digitization of railway procurement process first introduced by South Eastern Railway over eastern zone. The benefits of this system are :-
- ·It will send information related to passing of bills to suppliers/vendors through SMS as and when the bill is passed.
- ·It will increase satisfaction level of the vendors.
- ·It will help to encourage more and more vendors to participate in Railway Procurement System.
- ·It will increase healthy competition in the procurement system and thus Railway will get more competitive price.
- ·It will reduce human interface at various stages which will smoothen Procurement Process.
- The following additional features will be added in near future:
- ·Contractor’s Bills Processing status.
- ·Issue of Purchase Order to the Vendors.
- ·Issue of Modification Advice on Purchase Order to the Vendors.
- ·Employees’ Salary Payment related information.
- ·Information related to employees’ other payments including settlement dues.