OROP HIGH LIGHTS AND CALCULATION
1.Applicable to all pre-1/7/2014 retirees.
2. Effective date : Wef 1/7/2014
3. It is a direct executive order from MOD to PDAs(Banks) for payment without waiting for Draupadi’s circular of PCDA(pensions) . Means ,payment will be effected before 28 Feb 2016 (being the last pension/salary payment month in this fiscal year).
4. Family pensioners , gallantary award winners and special pension category will get their arrears in one instalment and hopefully with Feb pension.
.5.Arrears for others would be in 4 Equal , six monthly instalments (could be in Feb , Aug this year and Feb 2017 and Aug 2017).
More specific details after detailed analyses.
OROP Arrear calculation Made simple
1. Take your basic from OROP table published to day by MOD. Let it be =X
2. Take your current basic (which is wef 24/12/2012).Let it be =Y
3. Take the difference of X- Y above and let it be =”Q”
4. Your Total arrears of OROP wef 1/7/2014 to 31/1/2016= Q x 40.58 (amount Q multiplied by 40.58). The result could be with a deviation of Less than Rs 100/- in total due to certain approximations
Note : multiply with 40.58 , the difference of OROP table amount with what is your current basic .