Grant of family pension to a disabled Child/sibling-clarification reg
Government Of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry Of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
New Delhi, Dated 24.02.2016
The GMs/FA & CAOs
All Indian Railways/Production Units.
(As Per Mailing List)
Subject: Grant of family pension to a disabled Child/sibling-clarification regarding.
A copy of Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare (DOP&PW)’s O.M.No.1-18-2001-P&PW(E) (Vol.II) dated 27.01.2016 on the above subject is enclosed for information and compliance. These instructions shall apply mutatis mutandis on the Railways also. DOP&PW’s O.M.No.1/2/09-P&Pw(E) dated 30.12.2009, O.M.No.1/18/01-P&PW(E)(Vol.II) dated 30.09.2014 and 05.11.2015 have been adopted/Circulated vide Board’s letters of even number dated 15.01.2010, 27.10.2014 and 11.01.2016 respectively.
Deputy director finance (Estt.) III
Government Of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G.& Pensions
Department of pension & Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan
Khan Market, New Delhi
the 25th January 2016/27 Jan 2016
Sub: Grant of family pension to a disabled Child/Sibling – clarification sought by Ministry of Railway – reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Ministry of Railway Office Memorandum No.F(E)III/2005/PN1/32, dated 9th December, 2015 seeking the following clarifications;
If in a case the employee/Pensioner or his/her spouse did not furnish/intimate the details of the handicapped child to the pension Sanctioning Authority during their lifetime and after the death of his/her parents, family pension is claimed by a handicapped child, in this case whether the family pension will be admissible if he/she;
(a) Produces a medical certificate issued after death of his/her parents.
(b) Produces a medical certificate issued before the death of his/her parents but the same is not as per rules.
2. It had been clarified previously, vide O.M.No.1/2/09-P&PW(E), dated 30th December, 2009 that non-intimation of physical/mental handicap does not make a person ineligible for family pension.
3. A disability certificate issued after the death of the employee/Pensioner or his/her spouse for a disability which existed before their death may be accepted by the appointing authority if he is a satisfied that (i) it renders him or her unable to earn a living (ii) he/she was suffering from that disability on the crucial date, i.e., on the date of death of pensioners/employee or his spouse, whichever was later.
4. If a disability certificate has been obtained for a permanent disability previously, there is no requirement of obtaining a disability certificate afresh as has already been made clear in rule 54 (6) and this department’s O.M.No.1/18/01-P&PW(E)(Vol.II), dated 30th September, 2014 and 5th November 2015.
5. It is also clarified that the criteria for disabled siblings is same as above.
6. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Under Secretary to the government of India