Measures to Prevent Misuse E-Ticket
Various remedial measures have been taken by the Railways to check the misuse of e-tickets including the following:-
1. Carrying of any one of the prescribed proofs of identity at the time of undertaking journey on e-tickets.
2. CAPTCHA has been put in place to check booking in batch mode and through Scripting related tools on the IRCTC e-ticketing website.
3. Check applied on minimum time required to enter the displayed CAPTCHA at the time of login by user, entering the Passenger details and making payment.
4. Agents are debarred from booking tickets during first thirty minutes of opening of booking i.e. from 0800 to 0830 hours for general booking, 1000 to 1030 hours and 1100 to 1130 hours for Tatkal booking on AC class and Non-AC class respectively. 5. Only one booking in one user login session except for return/onward journey between 0800 and 1200 hours.
6. An individual user can book a maximum of 06 tickets online in a month.
7. Regular joint drives are conducted by Commercial, Vigilance and Railway Protection Force against touts. These checks are intensified during peak rush/ festival periods. Touts are apprehended and prosecuted as per Section 143 of Railway Act, 1989.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha on 02.03.2016 (Wednesday).