Concession to Divyang Passengers (Orthopaedically handicapped/ Paraplegic and mentally retarded persons) – when travelling alone also
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(RAIL WAY BOARD)
New Delhi, dated 14.06.2016
The General Managers,
All Zonal Railways.
SUB: Concession to Divyang Passengers (Orthopaedically handicapped/ Paraplegic and mentally retarded persons) – when travelling alone also.
As per IRCA Coaching Tariff No. 26 part-I (vol.lI) 25 and 29(1) concession in passenger fare is admissible to Orthopadically handicapped/paraplegic persons and Mentally retarded persons who cannot travel without the assistance of escort. At present, concessional tickets are issued only with an escort.
2.In partial modification of the above rule, Ministry of Railways have now decided to permit booking of concessional tickets for Divyang passengers not accompanied by an escort. However, there will be no change in eligibility criteria for availing the concession.
3. This will be implemented with effect from 15.6.2016.
4. Other terms and conditions shall remain the same.
5. CRIS may make necessary changes in the software.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
7. Necessary instructions shall be issued to the all concerned.
Director Passenger Marketing