Deen Dayalu Coach Scheme of Indian Railway
During the period from April 2016 to February 2017, about 141 Deen Dayalu un-reserved coaches have been inducted in 23 pairs of Mail/Express trains. Further, induction of more Deen Dayalu coaches is an on-going process and is being done in a phased manner.
Instructions have been issued for the provision of the following additional facilities in the Deen Dayalu coaches manufactured at Production Units of Indian Railways:
· Provision of cushioned luggage rakes.
· Provision of additional hand hold in doorway area.
· Provision of J hooks near longitudinal luggage racks.
· Toilets with polymerized floor coating.
· Provision of bio-toilets.
· Water level indicator.
· Toilet occupation indication display board.
· Enhanced mobile charging facility.
· Fire extinguishers with anti-theft arrangement.
· Pleasing interior and exterior colour scheme with anti graffiti measures.
· Potable Water similar to Aquaguard type water filtration system.
The approved production programme for Deen Dayalu Coaches is given below:
|Year||Deen Dayalu Coaches|
These coaches will provide a better travel experience to unreserved passengers.
This Press Release is based on the information given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Rajen Gohain in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha on 29.03.2017 (Wednesday).