CANCELLATION OF E-TICKETS
(1) E-Ticket can be cancelled online till preparation of charts and refund will be granted by PRS
system as per extant Railway Refund Rules.
(2) After preparation of charts, the user shall have to file online TDR for claiming refund. The
refund case will be decided by Railways. The TDR can be filed by the same user who books the ticket.
After receipt of the refund amount from Railway, it shall be credited in the same account through which
booking was made through opted payment gateway.
(3) No refund shall be granted on partially confirmed E-Ticket against which none of the passengers
has travelled, if TDR is filed after 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
(4) No refund shall be granted on Partial RAC/WAITLISTED TICKET against which none of the
passengers has travelled, if TDR is filed after 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
(5) No refund will be granted in case of train running more than three hours late if TDR is filled with
this reason after actual departure of the train.
(6) In case of party e-ticket or family e-ticket issued for travel of more than one passenger, some
passengers have confirmed reservation and others are on the list of RAC or waiting list, then in case of
passengers or RAC or waiting list not travelling, a certificate shall be obtained from the ticket checking
staff to that effect and refund of fare shall be processed online through TDR, indicating the details of
the certificate issued by ticket checking staff and the online TDR shall be filed upto seventy two
hours of actaul arrival of the train at passengers’ destination and the original certificate issued by
ticket checking staff shall be sent through post to Group General Manager/IT, Indian Railway
Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd., Internet Ticketing Centre, IRCA Building, State Entry
Road, New Delhi – 110055.
(7) The cases in which TDR are filed are decided by the Zonal Railway under whose jurisdiction the train
destination falls. After receipt of the refund amount from the said Railway, refund amount will be credited
back to same account through which payment was made through opted payment Gateway.
(8) If customer is not able to cancel through web interface before Chart Preparation, customers are
requested to send an email from the email ID to [email protected] from their registered e-mail id with