Standard Bid Document for housekeeping of stations and trains
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi, Dt. 23.08.17
The General Managers
All Zonal Railways
Sub: Standard Bid Document for housekeeping of stations and trains
For improved contract management and assured long-term deliverables in the cleanliness and housekeeping domain for stations and trains, a Standard Bid Document for Mechanized Cleaning and Housekeeping at stations and trains has been prepared. This document shall be used by all ZRs for inviting tenders for housekeeping and related works for stations, coaching depots and trains. Wherever needed, unrelated chapters can be deleted. For example, chapters/clauses related to housekeeping in stations can be deleted while calling a tender for housekeeping of trains and vice-versa.
2. All the housekeeping tenders will be invited for a period of 4 years.
3. (a) for station/coaching depots: Attempt shall be made to combine the entire scope of work in a division for all A 1 and A category stations (including clean Train Stations). However not more than 2 contracts should be allowed covering all areas of stationary cleaning at one point in time (barring exceptional cases to be approved by DRM).
(b) for cleaning of trains/coaches: Attempts shall be made to combine the entire scope of works in a division/depot in one contract. However, not more than 2 contracts shall be permitted for each depot at a point in time (barring exceptional cases to be approved by DRM).
4. In works contracts, payments are released after a 20% (or similar) test check of the works done by a site inspection by the designated officer. In service contracts like cleanliness where the product is consumed immediately and is thus indelibly linked with time, it is not possible to follow this method. Thus, officers find it difficult to carry out test checks. In view of this constraint the SBD aims to leverage technology to serve the purpose of inspections. Attendance is ensured through GPS based biometric attendance system hence need not be checked except through verification of system exception report. Similarly, the quality of work is aimed to be certified through key performance parameters including app based passenger feedback system for trains. In case of stations and other places, the cleaning shall be certified by the concerned major supervisors. Hence, the system of test check at officer’s level is not consideredv.- necessary. The officers shall verify technology based feedback and also take surprise visits/checks to take appropriate corrective action. The Railways shall ensure that necessary safeguards are established so that digital/electronic systems of attendance, performance etc are tamper-proof.
5. Approved List: A list of approved vendors for housekeeping works shall be prepared for every division, following the extant rules for preparation of such Approved Lists. In case of termination of a housekeeping contract, Limited Tenders shall be invited from vendors borne on the Approved List for a period till an Open Tender is finalized for another period of 4 years. The eligibility criteria for this single packet technical offer can be decided by each division based on their anticipated value of work.
6. Tenders with the approved SBD may be tested in the field as a pilot project on one of the Divisions of each Zonal Railway within the existing budget allotment.
7. This is issued in consultation with Traffic, Rolling Stock, Engineering and Finance Dte. of the Ministry of Railways.
Encl : Standard Bid Document
Executive Director, EnHM (CE)
Click Here To Download the Original Order
Source : http://www.indianrailways.gov.in